Films participating in the festival contest program are judged according to one of the following categories:
Category A (Amateurs): Authors not considered to be film industry professionals, as well as studio executives (if film is made by studio students);
Category B (children studios/schools): Amateur authors working under the guidance or with the help of film industry professionals (facilitators) in the conditions of specialized cinema unions, schools or studios;
Category C (professionals): Authors with an education in the field of film or television and/or 3 years of professional industry experience in the fields of film or television.
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
Gran–Prix prize is decided by the «children jury» which is formed from students from cinema educational programs. This competition is between films from all categories.
Grand prizes for the 1st place in the following categories
1) Professional nominations:
· best film idea
· best screenplay
· best director
· best cinematography
· best actress
· best actor
· best cast
· best supporting actor
· best music
· best stunt
· best make–up and costumes
2) For the greatest contribution to the development of children’s cinematography
3) Special prizes from organizing committee, founders and sponsors
The film festival «KINOOSTROV» jury is made up of professionals in the sphere of culture and art, cinematographers, directors of cinema studios and art unions. The chairman of the jury – Vladimir Alenikov, Russian director, writer, producer, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (1999).
MAIN FESTIVAL ARRANGEMENTS:
1) 01.06.2018 – Grand opening ceremony of the film festival in the cinema complex «Rodina»
2) 02.06.2018 – 17.06.2018 – cinema educational program in Finland
3) Competition films’ screenings in cinema complex «Rodina»
4) Out-of-competition screenings cinema complex «Rodina»
5) Excursion «Saint Petersburg in cinematography»
6) 18.06.2018 – Closing ceremony and winners awarding cinema center «Rodina»
INFORMATION FOR THE PARTICIPANTS INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
Ø Participation is free
Applications can be submitted at www.cinemaland.online until 15.05.2018.
Ø Films can be uploaded to any file sharing platform with a ‘download link’ function.
Ø Travel to and from Saint Petersburg is at the expense of the participant(s) or participating organizations